Sports dedicated for our valuabble healthy
Web hosting
Unknown  /  1:28 PM  /  ,   /  No comments


Carmelo Anthony doesn't want to be the 'I'm underrated' guy. (USATSI) Carmelo Anthony doesn't want to be the 'I'm underrated' guy. (USATSI)


New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony said in an ESPN interview this week that he was "the most underrated superstar out there, but that doesn't matter to me," and on Thursday he said that the whole thing was taken out of context. From the New York Post:



“I don't feel like that,'' Anthony said. “I think it was the way the course of the conversation was going. They took it and ran with it. It's not something — I don't get into that. I'll let you guys write about if I'm underrated or not. I know what I can do on the basketball court. I know what I can get better at. But as self-proclaiming as me being underrated, it's out of my league.''



On Thursday, Anthony said the question was “a setup.'' He did not seem angry, but said he just wanted to clear up that he doesn't feel “slighted.''


“At the end of the day, you get what you deserve,'' Anthony said Thursday. “Last year we didn't make the playoffs. We took a step backwards. Regardless of what kind of season I had statistically, it doesn't matter. The year before it was a different year. We did have team success. At end of the day, I want to win. Whatever comes with that, I accept it.”



“I'm good,'' Anthony said. “I know my capabilities. I know what I'm bringing to the table with the Knicks. I don't even think about [being underrated]. If I start thinking about that, I'm losing focus on the task at hand.''



The fact is he said it. He thinks he's at the same level as LeBron James and Kevin Durant. And that's fine, even if most people don't agree. Anthony is the Knicks' franchise player and one of the best scorers on the planet, and he shouldn't have to back down his statement. He's supposed to be confident, he's supposed to believe he's just as good as those guys.


Context is important, and we noted that Anthony hedged by saying that he doesn't worry or care about "getting the respect I deserve." He was honest, and all of us in the media wish that players were more honest. He probably regrets saying it now because it turned into a topic for talk radio and a referendum on his value, but let's be real here. Anthony does think he's underrated, even if he doesn't want to look like he's trying to prove people wrong.





Basketball Hot News


LeBron James leaves Cavaliers rookies hanging out to dry (video)


Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal:



Rookies Joe Harris and Alex Kirk entered the court a little early prior to the Cavs’ Wine & Gold scrimmage on Oct. 1. They were pranked by LeBron James, who told them to lead the team onto the floor, but then he held back everyone else.



LeBron gets no points for originality. Effectiveness? Perfect 10. The classics are classics for a reason.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search