Sports dedicated for our valuabble healthy
Web hosting
Unknown  /  7:26 AM  /  ,   /  No comments

Suspended Seahawks corner Brandon Browner announced that he's been reinstated. (USATSI) Suspended Seahawks corner Brandon Browner announces that he's been reinstated. (USATSI)


The NFL has reinstated Seattle Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner. Browner made the announcement on Twitter on Tuesday evening. The reinstatement comes at an ideal time for Browner, who is now set to become a free agent on March 11 and is free to sign with any team.



Browner released a statement saying that he was 'grateful' for the news.


I received wonderful news today. The NFL has reinstated me, and I now have the opportunity to prove to the fans and my teammates how important this sport is to me. I realize now more than ever that being part of the NFL is not a right, but a privilege. I am grateful that Commissioner Goodell and my agent were able to resolve this issue in a positive, productive manner so I can continue my career, provide for my family, and help my team win a Super Bowl. Thank you to all who have gone out of their way to show their support. I will live up to your expectations of me.

The 29-year-old was originally hit with a one-year suspension on Nov. 25 for violating the league's substance abuse policy. The suspension didn't start right away though because Browner decided to appeal. In early December, the NFL offered to reduce Browner's suspension by three months, but Browner turned that offer down in hopes of getting the suspension completely tossed.


Instead, Browner's appeal was rejected and the NFL suspended him indefinitely in mid-December. Under terms of the suspension, Browner wasn't supposed to be able to apply for reinstatement for 12 months, meaning if he wouldn't have been reinstated on Tuesday, he may have been out until Dec. 18.


Before the Super Bowl, Browner told CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora that he was optimistic he could get back on the field.


"I don't think I should be suspended for no year," Browner said. "And I hope they can figure something out and I'm optimistic that I can get back. Like I said, it's just something that motivates me in life, period."


Browner's agent, Peter Schaffer, had threatened a lawsuit if the NFL didn't reinstate his client.


"If we have to go to a lawsuit, we'll go to a lawsuit," Schaffer told La Canfora in late January.


La Canfora reported on Tuesday that it was Schaffer's threat of a lawsuit that eventually led to Browner's reinstatement.


Besides Browner, the reinstatement is also good news for any team in the market for a 29-year-old Pro Bowl corner.



NFL Hot News


It's the 'end of an era' for the Bears, WR Devin Hester



Ian Rapoport of NFL.com tweeted Tuesday that the Bears have made "no attempt" to re-sign soon-to-be free agent Devin Hester and added that this marks the "end of an era" for one of the NFL's best kick returners of all time.Rapoport also said he doesn't see a reunion between Hester and new Buccaneers head coach Lovie Smith happening. Smith coached the Bears from 2004-12.



The Bears tried to put Hester's skills to use as a wide receiver for a handful of years, but he was much more adept and productive as a returner. That's how he will always be remembered, no matter what he does on the field in the future. The Bears took him out of their offense entirely this season. He currently holds the NFL career record for most special-teams return touchdowns and most punt return touchdowns. Hester has been with the Bears since he was drafted with the 57th overall pick in 2006. He has no fantasy value in leagues that don't count those return yards. He turns 32 in November.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search