Sports dedicated for our valuabble healthy
Web hosting
Unknown  /  1:28 AM  /  ,   /  No comments


Nerlens Noel was the sixth overall pick in the 2013 draft. (USATSI) Nerlens Noel was the sixth overall pick in the 2013 draft. (USATSI)


The Philadelphia 76ers are in a horrific spiral, having lost 16 consecutive games while now beginning to face the very real possibility they may not win another for the rest of the season.


But some help could be on the way in the form of their top lottery pick.


Nerlens Noel is targeting April 4 at Boston to make his Sixer debut, according to Philly.com.


Noel cryptically tweeted "4-14-14" on Sunday afternoon, which apparently is because of his pending return.


Noel's hometown is Boston, and he has expressed the desire to make his first NBA appearance there. He has been out the entire season rehabbing a torn ACL he suffered during his freshman season at Kentucky. After being drafted No. 6 overall by the Hornets and then dealt to the Sixers in the Jrue Holiday deal, there was a thought the 76ers would just hold him out until next season. But apparently healthy and almost cleared to play, Noel is shooting to get a few games under his belt this season.


However, Noel has yet to participate in a full 5-on-5 practice, and reportedly has not made his desire to play April 4 known to the Sixer staff. Apparently, this is more just a wish on the part of Noel, and not actually a timetable. However, there was a report that Noel could make his return sometime after the All-Star break this season, and this would align with that.





Basketball Hot News


Patrick Beverley: ‘Damian Lillard whines’


We’ve got a real nice feud brewing.


Patrick Beverley and Damian Lillard are both tough point guards on contending Western Conference teams. They both overcame long odds to reach the NBA and play with justified pride now that they’re here. And both are unafraid to speak their mind.


Lillard lobbed the opening salvo after Houston’s win over Portland on Sunday, basically calling Beverley a dirty player.


Appearing on Houston radio SportsTalk 790 today, Beverly went through eight and a half minutes of interview until this happened:



  • Host: “Hey, Pat, thank you for the time. We’ll talk with you next week.”

  • Beverley: “Are you going to ask me no questions me about Damian Lillard?”


That’s when it got good.



Beverley:



Damian Lillard whines. So, I’m not a big fan of that. I don’t go out there and try to start fights with anybody. I go out there and play my game.



Beverley also referenced Stephen Curry saying, “He makes me better. I love that challenge.”


Beverley on Lillard again:



The way I guard him, the way I guard Steph Curry, the way I guard Chris Paul, the way I guard Goran Dragic, the way I guard Kyrie Irving – I all guard the same players the same. I don’t look at film on players. I don’t look at players’ habits. I go out there and impose my will on people, and I do what I do, and I’m aggressive on defense.



I don’t think Lillard cares how Beverley guards other players. I think Lillard cares how Beverley guards Lillard.


Beverley gets physical. He’s a nuisance. He makes opponents work really hard physically and mentally.


I see why Lillard doesn’t like that, but I also believe Curry’s approach is better for a player facing Beverley. Beverly wants his man to succumb, and Lillard is only encouraging Beverley to increase the pressure.


Because Beverley went so far out of his way to discuss Lillard, I’ll leave him the last word with the rest of his comments:



I don’t care what he says. You’re a grown man. You’re a professional basketball player – professional first.




You always push and shove, and that’s basketball. I don’t know how other people were raised, but that’s basketball. That’s how you grew up playing, battling. You get pushed down. You get back up. You battle the next guy. You should enjoy the competition. No one is going out there to hurt someone, and I was kind of offended the way that he was talking. I’m a positive person. I usually don’t say anything about anything, but if I feel that something is not right, I’m definitely going to mention about it. And the things that he was saying yesterday really bothered me.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search