Sports dedicated for our valuabble healthy
Web hosting
Unknown  /  7:36 AM  /  ,   /  No comments

Michael Vick says he can help the Jets win a Lombardi Trophy. (USATSI) Michael Vick says he can help the Jets win a Lombardi Trophy. (USATSI)


Michael Vick has already conceded that he's not the starting quarterback in New York -- at least not right now. Since signing with the Jets on March 21, Vick has said that Geno Smith is the starting quarterback and that the job isn't an open competition.


Despite the fact that he doesn't plan on being the starting quarterback, Vick still has high aspirations. The 33-year-old believes he can help the Jets get to the Super Bowl.


"I just feel like I can help any football team, any organization, particularly this football team, get to a Super Bowl," Vick told the New York Daily News. "It's tough at this stage of my career because I still feel like I'm a fairly young player and I can still keep up. People make it seem like I'm getting older and things are not the same. I beg to differ."


So will Vick lead the Jets to the Super Bowl as the team's starting quarterback? That's up in the air. Vick continued to insist that Smith will start the 2014 season as the Jets quarterback.


"I think Geno is going to be the starter. I think he is going to start this season off," Vick said. "I think Geno has every opportunity to go out and have success. He is going to get that opportunity."


Notice that Vick said Smith will 'start this season off' as quarterback, which doesn't exactly mean he'll also finish it. If Vick does end up as the team's starter, he seems to feel that the Jets have made the necessary additions to make a Super Bowl run.


"Sometimes, I feel like I've been dealt the short end of the stick because I haven't had all those components over the years," Vick said. He'll have a few components in New York with the offseason additions of players like Chris Johnson and Eric Decker.


Speaking of the Jets and the Super Bowl, the man who quarterbacked the team's only appearance -- Joe Namath -- believes that Vick is the best quarterback on the Jets roster.


"If Mike's healthy, I think he's the better player at this point," Namath said last week. He didn't guarantee it though.



NFL Hot News


ESPN's Chris Mortensen: Ravens preparing for RB Ray Rice to be suspended for 'at least' 3 games



Granted, this is speculation, but it's a slow news day, and Chris Mortensen is a reliable source even if he is only using his best guess.Mortensen said on ESPN's "NFL Insiders" on Friday that the Ravens are "preparing for [Ray Rice] to miss, I think, at least three games." Rice is likely to be suspended for violating the league's personal conduct policy after he allegedly assaulted his then-fianceacute;e who is now his wife at a hotel in February. Rice has been charged with third-degree aggravated assault to which he has pleaded not guilty.Rice has been accepted into a pre-trial program, and the charge will be dismissed if he completes the program, which will take at least one year.



I won't comment on the press conference that Rice and his wife held today. Everything I could say about that embarrassment has already been said by the Internet 200 times over. I guess "embarrassment" is a comment. Oh well.A three-game suspension seems rather heavy for a first-time offender of the policy. But Rice did (allegedly) knock his wife unconscious, so ...Bernard Pierce and rookie Lorenzo Taliaferro would take over the Ravens' backfield for as long as Rice is gone. Pierce would most likely be the lead rusher, but Taliaferro has been praised for his pass-protection skills -- a trouble spot for many rookies -- and stands to see time as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search