Sports dedicated for our valuabble healthy
Web hosting
Unknown  /  10:44 PM  /  ,   /  No comments


Blake Griffin was forced to exit Saturday against the Rockets in the first quarter because of back spasms.


Midway through the first quarter Griffin grabbed at his lower back and crumpled to the floor before heading to the locker room. He played only six minutes, scoring seven points.


Griffin's not expected to miss extended time, but back spasms can be a tricky, lingering issue. With the playoffs nearing, the Clippers are obviously going to play things on the safe side to try and make sure he's as healthy and ready as possible.


Despite missing Griffin, the Clippers were able to pick up an impressive road win in Houston, who was missing Dwight Howard, topping the Rockets 118-107 behind 30 and 11 assists from Chris Paul and 20 from DeAndre Jordan.





Basketball Hot News


Vince Carter wants to re-sign with Mavericks, thinks he’s earned it (he has)


Vince Carter has been a real value for Dallas this season — 12.1 points a game shooting 39.3 percent from three, playing more than 24 minutes a game and all for $3.2 million.


At age 37 he looks like a guy who has a couple more years of solid basketball in him.


He also will be a free agent this summer and will have options, contenders will come calling if he wants to chase a ring. However, he told the Dallas Morning News he wants to stay with the Mavericks and win with them.



“My fingers are crossed,” he said. “Next year might be even better. We can attract some more people, more talent. Now I know my role, and I know the system, it’s second nature to me now. I know the city very well. I’m stepping out, going to SMU games and getting out and about. I’m very comfortable here.


“I like the guys. I like the nucleus we have here. With my role and the way I play and the way I go about things, it really helps guys here. And they like that. Hopefully, that’s enough so that they can still have trust in me enough to play significant minutes and help the other guys out.”



It’ s hard to predict what the Mavericks will do this summer, Mark Cuban wants to go big game hunting for another star but it’s a slim market (unless Miami breaks up, which is highly unlikely at best).


Another year or two of Carter at a fair price would seem a good deal for both sides.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search