Sports dedicated for our valuabble healthy
Web hosting
Unknown  /  12:38 PM  /  ,   /  No comments


Melo's headed back to small forward. (USATSI) Melo's headed back to small forward. (USATSI)


Carmelo Anthony told ESPN New York this week that he expects to play mostly small forward this season.



After playing a good deal of power forward -- and excelling at that position -- over the past two seasons, Anthony thinks he will be mostly a small forward this season.


“We got too many,” Anthony said of power forwards on the roster. “I don't need to go down there and battle. For what?”


“If it comes down to it, I'll go back there,” Anthony added. “But I doubt it. They're going to move me. We're pretty packed at four and five positions.”



via Carmelo Anthony ready to play mostly small forward for New York Knicks- ESPN New York.


Via 82games.com, Anthony had a 22 PER at small forward last season, and a 27 PER at power forward. Mike Woodson was often blasted by media and fans for his reluctance to play Anthony at small-ball four.


But in the triangle, Anthony would be wasted to a degree at the four. He's better posting at the elbow at one of the wing positions, or as the outside wing player. Playing him low is only going to close off spacing for him, which he needs for his scoring acumen.


That doesn't mean Anthony won't post. He's a tremendous post player and he'll have ample opportunities. Mostly this means he won't take the beating of having to guard fours, presumably.


As for the Knicks being "packed" at the four... Amar'e Stoudemire has the same knee concerns he's had for years, Andrea Bargnani is a four-alarm fire and after that... yeah. So while they may have a lot of bodies, they're still going to be thin in terms of talent and production at the four.


With all the weight Anthony lost this summer, this move shouldn't surprise anyone. You don't lose weight at his size if you expect to bang down low.


HT: Posting & Toasting





Basketball Hot News


Carmelo Anthony ‘would love’ to play in 2016 Olympics, but isn’t sure yet


LeBron James is “nowhere near” a decision.


Kevin Durant wants to play.


When it comes to the 2016 Rio Olympics, Carmelo Anthony is splitting the difference between two other NBA star forwards.


Melo, via Fred Kerber of the New York Post:



“I haven’t made a decision. I would love to play. But I haven’t made a decision of what I would want to do,” Anthony said Saturday. “If I do play, that will be my final one. That will be four Olympics for me. I want to play. I haven’t talked to nobody about it yet. I heard KD [Kevin Durant] said he wanted to play. I know LeBron [James] said that’s too far ahead, which it is. … I would love the chance to get back out there.”



Melo – potentially in addition to LeBron – would become the first player to play for the U.S. in four Olympics. Currently, Melo and LeBron (2004, 2008 and 2012) are tied with David Robinson (1988, 1992 and 1996) at three a piece.


That’s a lot, and it would be difficult for Melo, who will be 32 during the 2016 Games, to keep suiting up. When the 28-man player pool came out in January, I ranked Melo the 16th most likely to make the Olympic roster.


It’s significant that Melo sounds so interested, but as he says, it’s too far out for him to commit – especially at his age.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search