Sports dedicated for our valuabble healthy
Web hosting
Unknown  /  6:10 PM  /  ,   /  No comments

The Ravens claim they never asked Janay Rice to apologize for anything. (USATSI) The Ravens claim they never asked Janay Rice to apologize for anything. (USATSI)


The Baltimore Ravens claim they never asked Janay Rice to apologize for anything in relation to the February domestic violence incident that led to the suspension of her husband, Ray Rice.


During an interview on the "Today" show this week, Janay Rice told host Matt Lauer that the Ravens suggested she apologize.


From the interview:


Lauer: Did anyone at the Ravens say, 'Janay, it would be really good if you issue some kind of an apology?'


Janay: They suggested it. Yes.


Lauer: Did they come up with the wording?


Janay: No not specifically. They basically gave us a general script.


In a statement released on Wednesday, the Ravens say they never asked Janay to apologize. The team also claims that the script they gave the Rice's was for Ray. The Ravens say they offered to speak with Janay before the May 23 press conference, but she declined.


Here's the Ravens statement in its entirety.



There have been some discussions in the media about the Ravens providing a 'script' or 'suggested script' to Janay and Ray Rice prior to a May 23 press session.


After conversations with Ray about what he wanted to say, we did provide talking points to Ray for this event. After Ray informed the Ravens that Janay wanted also to speak at the event, I asked Ray on two different days if Ray wanted me to speak with Janay in advance of the press session. Both times, Ray declined and said: 'She's good. She knows what she wants to say.'


At no time prior to the May 23 session did we provide talking points, a script or suggested script to Janay or speak with her about the press event. We did not recommend or suggest to Ray or Janay that she apologize in any way.


We understand that the NFLPA also provided Ray talking points and that he repeatedly looked at these on his phone during the May 23 press event.



The Ravens also released the exact talking points that they provided for Ray Rice, which you can read below.



  • I Take Full Responsibility For What Happened That Night. I Apologize…(list all you want to address)

  • We Will Not Let This One Night Define Who We Are

  • I Was Wrong. I Made a Mistake.

  • I Regret My Behavior. I'm Embarrassed.

  • I Hold Myself to a Higher Standard and I Failed.

  • We Can Do Something Going Forward By Admitting Our Mistakes and Making Sure We Serve as an Example of Doing the Right Things

  • I Have Been Busted Up Over My Behavior. I've Been in Anguish. That Is Not the Way I Was Raised. I Am So Sorry Mom…And Janay's Family

  • I Pride Myself On Being a Good Example and Role Model to Younger People. I Failed Miserably

  • Janay and I Are in Counseling, and We Will Continue This. We are Determined to, as Coach Harbaugh Says, Make This Right…COUNSELING HAS BEEN GREAT FOR ME AND US. I'VE TAKEN STEPS TO BE A BETTER HUSBAND, FATHER AND ROLE MODEL.

  • I Completely Understand Any Person, Group or Company That Wants to Distance Themselves From Me. That's My Fault. I Am Working to Re-Build That Trust, Especially With Young People Who Look Up to Me

  • I Am Working To Be the Best Person I Can Be. We Are Working Together.

  • We Are Building to Be the Best Partners We Can Be to Each Other and the Best Parents We Can Be to Rayven

  • Thank you


After winning his appeal last week, Ray Rice is free to sign with any team. There was never any chance that he was going to return to Baltimore, but there was a chance the two sides could mend things. However, that's looking less and less likely as the two sides continue to publicly feud.



NFL Hot News


Titans WR Justin Hunter to miss rest of season with spleen injury



Wide receiver Justin Hunter of the Tennessee Titans is expected to be placed on season-ending injured reserve due to a lacerated spleen he suffered in the Titans' 45-21 drubbing at the hands of the Houston Texans on Sunday. Hunter finishes his 2014 season with 28 catches for 498 yards and three touchdowns.Wide receiver duties for the Titans will fall mainly to Kendall Wright and Nate Washington.



It's a disappointing end to a disappointing season for the second-year receiver. Hunter has shown flashes of brilliance that support why many experts pegged his as a potential breakout sleeper this year. Unfortunately, those flashes were too infrequent for him to be considered legitimate in fantasy land.Hunter will likely enter 2015 off of the radar, but his talent, youth (23 years old) and size (6-foot-4) will likely make him a sleeper candidate yet again. He could be a great pick as a third-year breakout next season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search