Sports dedicated for our valuabble healthy
Web hosting
Unknown  /  7:40 AM  /  ,   /  No comments

Reshad Jones signed a four-year, $30 million deal last August. (USATSI) Reshad Jones signed a four-year, $30 million deal last August. (USATSI)


More NFL: Photos | Videos & GIFs | Training Camp updates | Manziel watch


The NFL suspended Dolphins safety Reshad Jones four games for violating the league's policy against performance-enhancing drugs, the NFL announced Friday.


The fifth-year player out of Georgia will be eligible to return Monday, Sept. 29, following the team's Week 4 game against the Raiders.


"The NFL recently informed me that I tested positive for a substance that is banned under the NFL performance enhancing substances policy," Jones said in a statement. "I worked closely with the union to investigate what happened, and I learned that a supplement I took caused the positive test. I deeply regret not investigating the supplement carefully before I took it, and I will never again take a supplement without having it checked. I am very sorry for the effect of my mistake on my teammates and coaches. I apologize to them, Stephen Ross, the Dolphins organization and fans. During the time away from the team, I will maintain an intense training program so that I can help my team as soon as I return."


Miami coach Joe Philbin added: "I was very disappointed when we found out about Reshad's suspension. When we talked to him, Reshad pledged to learn from this situation. Our secondary as a unit, including Reshad, has performed well this offseason and I have complete confidence in the group as we progress through training camp and into the regular season."


Jones, a starter who signed a four-year, $30 million deal last August and ranked 66th among all safeties last season (via ProFootballFocus.com), now joins 2013 first-round pick Dion Jordan on the bench. In July, Jordan was suspended four games for PEDs violation.



NFL Hot News


Falcons RB Devonta Freeman gets third-string duties



Playing his first preseason game Friday night with the Atlanta Falcons, rookie Devonta Freeman had third-string duties, running behind Jacquizz Rodgers and Antone Smith. While reports have come out of camp that he's had a slow start in training camp, many expected him to be the starter with injury-prone RB Steven Jackson sitting out. Against the second and third-string defense of the Dolphins, Freeman was able to put up 10 carries for 50 yards and one catch for 57 yards.



It's frustrating to see his current position on the depth chart. He's been touted as one of the best handcuffs to own this year because of Jackson's constant injuries and age, yet Freeman won't get much of a look if he stays in his current position on the depth-chart. It's encouraging that he did well when he got his chance, but it means very little against non-starters. Freeman has 3 more preseason games to improve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search